Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: August Ipsy Bag 2013


Normally I give sneak peeks at the products in the months bags or I just simply show you whats inside, but today I wanted to give a mini review and my thoughts on each product. 

Michael Todd true organics Pumpkin nutrient-rich facial mask


This mask smells like pumpkin to the extreme. There were even some chunks of pumpkin when I went to apply it to my face. Which, isn't always a bad thing, but since I really dislike pumpkin...this was bad. The smell bothered me. The mask has Glycolic Acid which is a chemical exfoliate. It made my skin break out very badly after wearing it, but it made it softer. My skin might just be getting used to a new product. Check a small patch of skin before using it all over your face. In general, I was excited to get it and i'm glad i have it now. 



Noya Kosher Natural lip balm in cherry
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flavor, Organic Stevia
This is one of the best lip balms I have ever used. I had super bad dry lips a few days ago and I kept applying this, and now they are back to normal. It smells so strong of cherry also! I really enjoy that. They are very moisturizing without being to heavy. 

Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

This BB creme is suppost to prime, illuminate and perfect. It claims to be anti-aging and to fit everyone's skin color.



The color is too dark for my skin tone. Even well blended, I look orange. The smell is too strong: it has a floral scent to it. It did hydrate my skin though but the coverage is very poor. It leaves a slight shimmer to it as well, so If you have dry skin, this would be really great. 

pixi lash booster
I liked the wand. It was very easy to apply the mascara. But, the formula was not long lasting. It was very easy to remove which is always a good thing for my brittle lashes. Over all, it made my lashed look a little longer but not more than a normal drugstore mascara. It also did not hold a curl very well. This was just an okay mascara. Not worth the $12 for a full size.

mica shimmer powder in 17 bronze
I have nothing but good things to say about this eye shadow! The pigment is strong, its long lasting. It is made with natural ingredients. The only real downside is the packaging. It makes a bit of a mess trying to open and close. But besides that, it is perfect!



What was your favorite product this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment