Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring BB Cream Review


I know American BB Creams aren't the greatest. Actually, I almost will go as far as to say, I almost dislike them. I normally use Lioele Triple the Solution (Watch video HERE), which is a Korean BB cream. American BB creams are just tinted moisturizers. You've failed me, America.

Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream:

While reading the back of this, I've come to realize that this is simply just a tinted sunscreen. It comes with a lot more product than normal foundations/bb creams, with 2.5 fl ounces. The ingredients are not listed on the back, which worries me. I had to search them myself.
It is water based so it most likely will not cause breakouts.
It has an alcohol as the 5th ingredient. It may irritate some people.
It does contain fragrance.
No parabens!

Color: it has 2 color options (light/medium and medium/dark). The lightest shade was awfully dark. This may fit NC30.
Claims: it does moisturize and protect against the sun.
Consistency: It is very thick. Even though the pictures are of my hand, it does not feel thick on your face. 
Coverage: not quite sheer but a very light coverage. It covered light freckles but not dark spots or acne.
Wear Time: The longest it lasted on me was 4-6 hours. Then I noticed it starting to fade and wipe away and was completely gone within 6-8 hours.
Price: $11-$13 USD
   *Good for sensitive/dry skin


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: 
This is a sample size, but I got 3 different uses out of it, which I think is enough to review it.
There are 5 different shades and I got the second lightest.
*It did cause breakouts.
Water based 
propylene glycol (which pulls water fomr the air keeping the product moist)


Color: it has 5 color options. 
Claims: hydrates  
             blurs imperfections  
             enhances
             brightens  
             evens skin tone  
             smooth 
Consistency: thin. light weight.
Coverage: sheer. light tint. covers minor imperfections.
Wear Time: The longest it lasted on me was 3-5 hours. It started to fade and wipe away; was completely gone within 5-7 hours.
Price: $8-$9 USD
*Good for combination/dry skin

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream:
BB cream stands for Beautifying Beads (in this case)
water based
2 parabens ):
antioxidant lotion infused
Vitamin E
Won't clog pores
In the shade 810-fair

*The reason it's white is because that's the lotion part. Inside, it has little color beads that break upon blending.


Color: it has 5 color options. 
Claims: primes 
             perfects  
             hydrates
             corrects 
Consistency: thin. light weight. a little grainy (beads)
Coverage: light/medium buildable coverage. covers minor imperfections.
Wear Time: The longest it lasted on me was 7-9 hours. It started to fade and wipe away; was completely gone within 9-10 hours.
Price: $8-$10 USD
*Good for combination/oily skin


Final Verdict: Each has good and bad qualities. I disliked the Maybelline BB cream and really liked the L'oreal BB cream.  






Do you have any of these? Which do you dislike/like?

1 comment:

  1. i saw this on your youtube. i like this one better. sory. have u tried revlons?

    ReplyDelete